Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

MEET MY FRIEND.....!!!

“Friend don’t walk behind me, and also ahead of me. Always be with me.”
-My friend

I still remember very vividly the first day of my college ….here at LT. About a hundred odd- faces staring at me…...some speckled and some spectacled… each different in their own kind! It was then that I met this guy….

Sitting on one corner on the last bench of the last row….was this grim looking guy! A tall moderately built guy with an absolutely out of place –moustache! Why is he looking so gloomy…I thought? Maybe he does not like this place, or perhaps he must be homesick!! At the end of the lecture as he passed by, I muttered-Hi! A sweet smile was what I got in return…,so, Mr. Grim could smile after all!! I did not realize that this would be the beginning of an everlasting friendship…

The days passed faster than hours, months faster than minutes… we soon found ourselves in the examination hall -the first yr MBBS exams had begun!!………

….and soon the BIG day had arrived! Results would be declared any minute. I was looking for my friend, Mr. Grim. How would he perform…I didn’t have to wait too long for the answer! Only one student from my batch had managed to score 3D’s in the exam……my friend, Mr. Grim.

Would this be the beginning of an illustrious carrier….a carrier studded with D’s…. E’s.…and F’s… and what not! Yes I did have a faint idea!

As the years passed, our friendship grew. I would find myself more often in his room listening to music, dreaming about Amrita Rao, discussing the day’s proceedings...all this with more regularity than the lectures I would attend!!! It was here that I met this extrovert guy, who was perceived to be an introvert in the true sense when at college! Talk about girls and he would give me an angry stare, tease him with someone and he would pull my hair!!! From paying all my bills at the hostel canteen (..I was his guest he would say!),to fixing up all my problems, he would do it all! I realized what a gem of a person this guy was. Always ready to help you …any time you ask him…with the zeal that few people possess, Mr. Grim wasn’t so grim after all!!!!

As the days passed my friend surpassed all our expectations…with multiple D’s every year, we were sure that he would make it big one day. By now we had completed our internship-the termination of our MBBS carriers’!! All India and MH- CET results were also out. I rushed to his room and as I looked up into his eyes…I could sense the disappointment. He had not done as well as he would have expected….things were amiss!

It was then that he decided ….he would leave Mumbai. Obviously I felt sad but I knew that this was for his own good…and I was sure that he would be back one day. As I bade him goodbye, I could see the determination in his eyes. From then on, it was just a matter of time, it had to happen… and happen it did!! One year later and this guy had TWINS…!!! Yes, he had the sole copyright of Rank 4 for the year 2007,in All India as well as MH-CET!!
My happiness knew no bounds…finally the deserving had got his reward!!

“Hard work, patience, and perseverance can get you anything and everything in this world. Nothing is impossible, unless you think it to be! Have a goal, be enthusiastic about it and channelise all your energies in that direction. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm! The first step is always the most difficult step, but once you have done that everything else will fall in place. Always aim high…aim for the sky and you will land on the roof!” These were the words of my friend….an epitome of these facts-‘SAMBHAJI’!

Well as I end this article, I will always be thankful to God to gift me a friend like HIM. And I will always remember those lines that he had written for me on Friendships’ day!(Yup, I still have that card!).Mr. Grim you have stuck to it, up to the task, as you have always been! You have always been with me, through thick and thin, truly so! I will always cherish those fond memories and I am happy that as the next chapter unfolds in our lives …we would still be together….at a new base! Seth G.S.M.C…here we come!

P.S- This article is not a work of fiction and bears every resemblance to a person living in good stead- Mr. Grim.
… and I am sure that if the great one happens to be reading this, he will appreciate the efforts I have put in to pen this down! My hard work should not go unrecognized….
….so can I ,now, have the Sony Ericsson K11 that Bhatia’s have gifted you….please!!!!!

1 comment:

Aniruddha Agarwal said...

definitely eulogize!

btw, where is that pic clicked on the title?

Nice blog, especially the amrita rao part! Unfortunately, it reminds me that PGCET is coming up soon..:(