Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

And thereby hangs a tale….

I was speaking to my fast friend… we were speaking after a long time and so we had lots to share! And my telecom operator will tell you how generous I am under such circumstances!!! I really wish at times that getting hooked to a GM of a telecom company isn’t that bad an idea at all! What say, imagine not having to spend a penny on your phone bills, chat incessantly..without any bounds, free email and limitless social networking…wow, that is so cool!Well, they say that if wishes were horses even beggars would ride!! And I still haven’t found the wish fulfilling tree as yet ..and so these phone bills continue to burn a hole in my pocket (thanks dad mom, thanks for being there!!)…
……all this while when I was talking on the phone, I could hear someone wailing in the background..what was it?? Cross connection? Halluncination?( you know, in the olden days, when the lords used to stay in their castles in the moor, every castle had a ‘banshee’ and when it wailed, it signified bad luck..an omen that something evil would befall the family!!)with this grim sound in the background, I was just not comfortable. So I hung up and tried to find out what was wrong?and where? Just as I came out of my room, the sound of sobbing grew louder! And I followed my ears as they led me to this room with closed doors! Yes! I could hear someone sobbing inside. Now this room was occupied by one of our first year residents! I was sure that something was amiss.. I mustered all my courage and banged on the door..no response.. the sobs continued!... thud! Again I banged the door and asked her to please open the door and let me in… again, no response! Thick beads of perspiration from my forehead trickled down over my face! I could feel my heart beats’ now…palpitations as they call it! I picked up my cell and dialled her roomie s no..and quickly told her about the situation down here! She was here in a jiffy, and both of us were now banging at the door but with the same result!!!?? The sobs had stopped and gurgling noises were heard! Neither of us had any clue of what was happening… and both of us were equally flummoxed and terrified! We thought that its better to call the security….

Thud! The door slammed open… crash! As it fell on one side!!..we rushed inside!! And we were aghast with the sight that met our eyes! A lifeless body (of a sweet lil gal, not so long ago!) lay on the floor with a bottle of pesticide by the side! We realised that time was running away and if she stood any chance, we would ve to act soon. So while the security lifted her and carried her to the emergency wing of the hospital, we informed the team on call and saw to it that things were in place.by the time we got her to the casualty, her spontaneous breathing efforts had ceased. She had to be put on a ventilator(support device) and started on life supports…

…..these were the times that even you as a doc realise that not everything is in your hands, and then you pray for divine intervention!
….and then as we sat down at night, we all knew the reason behind this… the commonest cause of any attempted suicide in this age(..and when exams are not round the corner!) is a failed love affair!! Today as I sit and write this article I want you guys to tell me why do you think that people take this extreme step and put an end to the most beautiful of god s gifts’ – life!! What is it?? Infidelity..beingduped by your guy? Incompatibility? Parents not willing ( that’s the commonest etiology I can think of!!!) peer pressure?limitation of time? What! Tell me what is it and how do you guys think that these issues could be tackled!
I believe that if someone dumps you for another, you should be happy that you could see the true colours of this guy/gal before the irreversible thing happened and you should be strong enough and move on!(..though easier said than done, I admit!!!)but, never hurt yourself in this ordeal…plz don’t!
If its ‘incompatibility issues’ then, every effort should be made to sort them out! Sit and talk! And inspite of trying your best if someone does not understand, then there s not much that you can do! Right? But again..pl don’t end your life for that worthless thing which could never understand your love!nah!
And coming down to parental resentment, there are two things that I can think of..one, if the love is true, I believe that a little leniency could help! True love is one wonderful thing and the one s in ‘it’ will surely agree with me! pl don’t break this bond coz it deals with two lives and nothing can match the agony and despair of separation when there s no reason to move out.. it kills two lives at the same time! Two, if the guy/gal understand the fact that huge resentment exists for their relationship its better for them not get into anything like this, right at the outset(..again, easier said than done coz we all know that love happens even before you know that it has happened!!).. well I know that was a confusing one, na…
…but in the end all imgonna say is that love is one wonderful thing..its the best feeling that one can have,so please take care of your partner.. respect her, stand by her when she needs you the most! And in rough times believe in god coz if he has brought you to it, then surely he ll take you through it as well! Don’t end a life coz that can never be a solution to any of your problems!
Well that’s it, now I lay it open for my friends to gimme their views and inputs in the comments section(pl do that if u appreciate what I ve written… thanks!)……

18 comments:

Jayesh Vira said...

Well Sir one observation-
In all your articles is a wish expressed to get hooked up!
My take o this one thing about TRUE LOVE- Nothing of this sort exists. Its just about being lucky enough to find someone who is not much rude. Thats all. And think of all the consequences that follow...... You should idealy be in love to enjoy and be happy, but its invariably not what happens (THE FAMOUS PARADOX OF LIFE). So just chill, take things as they come, and lat them go easily.

Jayesh Vira said...

It may actually be a good idea to end a life,( but it should not be yours).

Komal Kanitkar said...

@Jayesh- U r sick!!! Truly....
Isn't ur own blog enough dat u r now contaminating others' blogs as well wid ur cruel maniac ideas??!!

I don't think u should talk at all about "TRUE LOVE" as such... Coz u urself have never experienced it!! I mean u've never had a chance!! Also dat u dnt want to as well...(I knw, tch tch...)

Dnt say TRUE LOVE -aisa kuch nahi hota... U jus can't see it..
TRUE LOVE need not be Exhibited... It's JUST THERE!!! Dekhneka nazariyan chaahiye..

Komal Kanitkar said...

@Swarup Sir- I guess it's just upon d philosophical mind of d person concerned!!
I mean d best thing is to sit n discuss it out wid ur partner, bt then if he/she is showing no concern at all... jus tell them "TGL-To Get Lost"(as says Dr. Parkar):-P
And den y ruin ur own life or jus finish it off for a person who didn't even knew ur worth!!
I mean d other person is at loss naa... U knw u would have loved him/her sooo much n he/she is jus losing out on such a loving n caring person from their Life!!!

Jayesh Vira said...

I do not intend to offend anyones feelings, but these are my views. The only two feelings that can be categorised as TRUE LOVE are that of a mother for her child and of a patriot for his motherland. Everything else is nothing but Van der Waldts forces (which are the weakest)!

Mugdha Pradhan said...

yeah definitely i agree with u...of course there is "true love" but in the end the suicide part is something i cant comment upon...coz u never know what situation the person is when they commit suicide...u lose everything when u lose hope...and these ppl hv lost hope...best thing 2 tackle this is facilities 4 counselling...if they r adequately available then definitely the rate of suicide will come down...also i remembered the recent news of that lady from malad who killed herself and her children...very sad..

Mugdha Pradhan said...

oh yes and what happened to the girl..is she okay?

swarup said...

well thanks to jayesh and komal for fighting it out...
as fr u mugdha, t gal survived ...for another tale!!!!

Unknown said...

Hello SIr,
I really like this one.......you have a really nice style of writing...

sumeet basu said...

aurgho dada....i just want to say one thing to these people "use d wrd f**k off..nd love d person who loves u...zindagi mili hai ek baar chill maro...:).."for someone else how can u ruin ur life and take such a critical step...it's ur life....love your self and those who love u and who need love and caring....dat's it

Jayesh Vira said...

Totally agree with you Mr. Sumeet. How the hell can you get someone by ending your life? Totally defies logic, I mean even if he/she/it were to decide to come back to make a fool out of you once again, you wouldnt be there naaa? Some People think that people who love themselves are self-obsessed! But, my dears understand that charity begins at home, and if you can noy love yourself, how can you love others??? Defies logic, again.
Also those who talk of true love, if it were so true you d be born twins, and he/she/it wouldnt have cheated you.....!!! Such duffers.

Komal Kanitkar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Komal Kanitkar said...

hmmmmm....
Now Jayesh, I completely do agree with u on d first part!!
Wat is one gonna get by ending one's life??? Instead live n live it to d fullest n show dat person u are not dependent on he/she for anything!!!
Let them know u r strong enuf fr urself!!

n as far as d 2nd part is concerned, can u pls explain it a bit more?? Coz I really cannot find any connection in these 2 things!!!

Unknown said...

I ain't no psychiatrist so tell me is it the broken heart that led to suicide or was the person messed up. My take is the botched up affair was the last straw.... Rejection is a very hard thing to live with. Even the "strong" wobble...Believing all that God does is good mends your heart. Am I right Doc?

swarup said...

Ur right ..bang on..God gives u t situation ..n mending ..well u ve to do tat by urself.. or go to the cardiac guy..wink wink..

swarup said...

Ur right ..bang on..God gives u t situation ..n mending ..well u ve to do tat by urself.. or go to the cardiac guy..wink wink..

swarup said...

Ur right ..bang on..God gives u t situation ..n mending ..well u ve to do tat by urself.. or go to the cardiac guy..wink wink..

Unknown said...

Sometimes we just fail to underdtand...t
the fire of luv which has brightened our heart n soul ....has the power to burn..as wel.
Love is pure, turn around n smile n free the person if he/she is nt intrsd ...with all best wishes...
As u said doc swarup cardic ppl can only n only think abt grafts n stents...no feelings....